The viral spread of COVID-19, Corona virus is not only affecting our offices but it also affects the whole world. According to the World Health Organization, pandemic Corona virus is a large family of viruses that cause illnesses, cough, ranging from the common cold to more severe diseases. The virus is zoonotic, meaning they are transmitted between animals, people and also from a surface if there is a presence of virus. The most commonly recommended things to prevent infection spread include regular hand washing, covering mouth and nose before you coughing and sneezing, consume cooking meat and eggs, avoiding cold items and also better to avoid close contact with anyone showing symptoms of respiratory illness such as coughing and sneezing. These are the basic mandatory things to follow to prevent from the corona virus at your office, home and everywhere. The following listed things are to keep your office and surrounding clean and safe.
Limit Surfaces That Employees Need To Touch With Their Hands:
- Shouldn’t keep Doors with handles and can swing open both in and out by just pushing them with your foot or shoulder.
- Should Install Motion lights in most of the office space, including bathrooms. (Doing this is also environmentally friendly).
- Should add motion sensors to all bathroom features. Most of the new offices already have this, but double down. One should not have to touch a faucet to wash their hands
- Design your office space that embraces collaboration technology and remote work.If you make pilot programs that helps employees become efficient during working from home from time-to-time, they will be better equipped to work from home on those days they are feeling sick. Or when they are afraid of catching a pathogen. Your office workspace should maximize video conferencing. This might includes thinking through interior office space design to add phone booths or small conference rooms over individual offices so people can connect better with those working from home. If employees are going to work from home more often than offices can double down on shared areas with the rotating desks for those who work from home some days of the week who don’t need designated desks at your office.
- Its better to Invest in personal laptops, phones and electronic gadgets for your employees, so they aren’t sharing keyboards and computers. Employees can commute with their devices. Giving it to maximum of the employee their own devices that they are responsible for will limit the number of wires and desk objects so cleaning crews can keep your office space clean, healthy and safe.
- Using blue tooth technology in your conference rooms is much better. Employees should be able to use their cellphones to connect to a con.call that play in your conference room without need to touch the speaker or a shared phone. We everyone already did this to listen to music; now we can do the same thing for conference calls!
Always prever the Furnishing that Is Easy To Clean – If you are a new parent of either a human child or a feline one, you know the importance of using home furniture that is easy to clean. This should be implemented on your office space. In major offices, building or third party cleaning crews come in at the end of the day to clean the office. Therefore, anything you can do to make their job more efficient will benefit your employee’s health.
Keep Clean the Office Space – Many offices may want to skip out of daily cleaning but actually we shouldn’t. Environmentally friendly cleaning crews must come in to disinfect anything that might be contaminated. A designated person in your office should monitor what cleaning crews are using (you want them not to be hazardous to the environment or your staff, while the process of killing germs that may cause your employees to get sick). As well, you should have to make sure they are correctly cleaning things like the refrigerator and copy machines.
Keep Installing Sanitizer in all the rooms in your office space. We started doing this nearly 20-years ago. This will NEVER go out of style. Even if no one uses it, you are singling to all visitors and clients that you expect your office to be clean and healthy so employees and their visitors can thrive.
Update Your Refrigerator – In most of the office, it is already a cesspool of who knows what. However, there has been technological advancement in refrigerators. For instance, if you are redesigning an office area, you can now install refrigerator drawers. Each department can have their draw. However, that isn’t an choice for everyone. Another thing could be to have more than one fridge. One refrigerator for employees food the other used for your visitors or free drinks for your employees. Handles need to be disinfected periodically. You can install some hand sanitizer next to the refrigerator door.
You shouldn’t Have Enough Disinfect Wipes. Gift every employees a tube for them to keep at their desk. If that is too much. keep a bunch of them in a common area that they have easy to access
Trick Out Your First Aid Kit– Did you know that zinc lozenges are proven to be effective in blocking Corona virus (and most other viruses) from multiplying in your throat and nasopharynx? Additionally, Latex gloves and surgical masks can come in handy if your employees are worried. Stock up on all over the counter first aid, so your employees feel you have their best interest at heart.